Why Bother with Traffic Control?
Go inside the December 17, 2020 struck by incident that shook Citizens’ Hose Company to its core
Certified Traffic Incident Management Technician
Earn this new certification from the Fire Department Safety Officers Association
Helmets and Head Protection
Read the latest developments on this initiative to better protect emergency responders' heads when working on the roadway
New research underway in emergency lighting and improving the visibility of responders working on the roadway
Earn the National TIM Training Certificate Online!
Available at the Responder Safety Learning Network
Professionalism and Leadership in Roadway Incident Response
Take this free online module to learn from five leaders in emergency services how to render service with professionalism and lead at roadway incidents
Marc Bashoor Speaks to Firefighter Roundtable
"Helmets, Lights, and Culture"
Critical Safety Bulletin: Backing Fire Apparatus
Recent LODDs due to backing apparatus show we must re-train on safety practices to prevent tragedy
THE SAFETY FEED
News stories related to the broad subject of traffic incident management and responder safety at roadway incidents.
- Chief Rich Marinucci Speaks His Mind on the ResponderSafety.com Podcast
- Citizens’ Hose Company Struck By Video Case Study
- Marc Bashoor speaks to firefighter roundtable "Helmets, Lights, and Culture"
- New Research in Emergency Lighting
- The Emergency Responder Safety Institute Debuts Helmets and Head Protection Conversations Led By Chief Marc Bashoor
Line of Duty Deaths
News stories about responders struck and killed while working roadway incidents.
- (GA)(09-04-2021) EMT struck and killed by vehicle while providing aid after crash
- (FL)(08-31-2021) Mobile Mechanic dies after being hit by car near Marco Island
- (TX)(08-30-2021) Tow Operator struck & killed while working on Dallas High 5
- (FL)(08-27-2021) Orlando Tow Operator Struck & Killed on the Florida Turnpike
- (NY)(08-24-2021) Fire company volunteer fire police officer run over, killed by fire truck in Niagara County
Struck By Incidents
News stories about struck-by-vehicle incidents involving emergency responders and/or their vehicles.
- (SC)(08-30-2021) Trinity FD Engine Struck at the Scene of a Vehicle Fire on I-26
- (SC)(08-22-2021) Fire Engine Struck While Working A Highway Incident; No Injuries for Responders on Scene
- (MD)(08-21-2021) Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Company Engine Struck at Incident Scene
- (CA)(08-01-2021)(Civilian Fatality) Driver Dead After Box Truck Slams Into Fire Engine on Highway 101 in Palo Alto
- (CA)(07-04-2021) Pickup Truck Hits Firefighter, Two Pedestrians at Brush Fire